The Menu: Bistro, European
Address: 80 Simcoe Street, Collingwood
Phone: (705) 293-6000
Located in the historic Tremont Building in downtown Collingwood.
Famous for Weekend Brunch, Tapas Mondays and wine and food pairing nights. The Elihu Book Room hosts private parties up to 20 people. Reservations recommended.
The Building: (from the Tremont Cafe’s website)
The Tremont House was built in 1889 by John McCormick and operated as a 24 room hotel for over 100 years – it is one the last remaining 19th century hotel buildings in Collingwood’s downtown Heritage Conservation District.
Historically, the location of the Tremont was a convenient stop for travellers, due to it’s proximity to the railway. Later, it was a perfect lunch spot for the workers down the road at the Collingwood shipyards station.
The Tremont still carries its original name and is an important historical link to Collingwood’s booming railway and shipbuilding era.
The second floor of the Tremont is home to eight artist’s studios.
Let’s Eat visited Tremont
Please leave a comment below or write a review at Trip Advisor or Urban Spoon.